Thursday, June 27, 2013

Whimsy Inspiration - All digi here ....

howdy -

You know I must have missed the stamp on my back side that says "Best by 2012" Cuz so far 2013 has found me falling apart with old age!! First bifocals...or bifocal... then all those lovely little things that add up to the doctor saying that "Pre-M" word and then saying I need meds to level things out. And now pains in my arm that has me trying to do things with my left... and as hard as it is to believe I am more of a clutz with my left arm than with my right...  oh well to my card -

Well this week for my Whimsy Inspiration I did something a little different - I went all Digi... meaning I did NO coloring!!  Shocking I know - but needed a simple nice card and had an idea... and it actually came out just about like I saw it in my head. That is even more shocking!

Here is my digital Whimsy Card -


You see I have been really fighting pain in my right arm and wrist - We won't say that Carpel thing ok? So coloring really didn't sound too good the other day when I sat down to do my card. Now the computer is the cause of my pain, so how I thought saving myself from coloring then moving over to the computer helped I don't know... but I was really happy with the results.

I started off with one of the Whimsy Digital Papers - Michele R. Desgins "Basic Vintage Papers" collection - I ADORE this set, the sheet with the roses and butterflies is Gorgeous!  Now this pattern is much darker when you open up the file. I opened it up in photoshop and faded it by 50% - This left good coloring but light enough to over lay a sentiment - I chose Raindrop Echo Designs Gratitude Sentiment set - the Sincere Appreciation was just what I needed. I layered it on to the pattern paper, then sized to 3 3/4 inches square. Why that size? Because that is the perfect size to fit just inside of the Whimsy Double Scalloped Square Doily Die. A favorite of mine. Great size!

I rounded the corners of the digital paper I printed, then inked the edges with Distress Dye Ink.  I printed another digital paper from the Basic Vintage papers collection. Layered with brown card stock onto my cream card stock base. Simple but I love it!

The inside is the same pattern paper from the front printed larger but still at the 50% fade, this way you can write a note inside. Don't you love that you can print any size you need with Digital papers???


Now anyone out there have hints for helping with arm pain? I can't stop using the computer... or coloring so am going to have to figure out what I have done to cause it? Angle I am typing? I may try and get a brace for my wrist and see if that helps.

Enough whining I know... seems like I do that alot lately... falling apart...
Hope things are going good where you are -
HUGS and-


2 comments:

Carol Dee said...

When I had wrist pain it was luckily my left hand. I wore a wrist brace at night. It helped. Love the papers. WishI had a program that let me fade images. Hugs...

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle!

Wear the wrist brace at night and it will help a lot if your problem is carpel tunnel. I also wear my brace when I'm doing something during the day that I know aggravates the CT. I hope your pain clears up soon.