Saturday, August 8, 2015

Animal Crackers - so wanting some baby donkeys...

Howdy -

I will be totally honest here... I lost track of the days this week and didn't even realize that it was Friday until the sun had set - I have just been lost this week for some reason.

Hubby and I were talking this week about timing for putting in some girls in with Raffie and Black Jack... YEA! It is just way way way to hot right now. Don't want them breeding in the heat or delivering next summer in the heat. So we need to wait a couple of months still. But we have decided that we need to have some more babies to sell. Talking about 4-6!!  That got me looking  back through all the old photos at past babies. And since I am a knuckle-head and forgot to take photos I am just going to show off some cute baby photos of the past...

Pepita was our first real all black baby. She was like black velvet. She is still is a looker, and we still have her and she is one of the Ladies planned to breed this fall... oh man her and Raffie could give us all kinds of fun color! 


Yolanda is very special. We sold her to some very good friends so we do get to see her a few times a year. She was hands down one of the sweetest girls. She loved to hug. She is special due to the fact that we lost her Mom a few years after she was born. So the genes from Cheyenne are very important to us. We are discussing working out some visiting so she can be bred with Raffie...


Now Lydia was just sold this last year. She to me always looked so graceful in her baby photos. She wasn't in real life for sure. But she just had that look in her face that made her look like an angel. Pushy and demanding that describes her a little more accurately... but still beautiful!


Alonso one super sweet little man. LITTLE ... he was so tiny when born. Still isn't real big as an adult. He too was sold to our good friends. He was gelded and is strictly a pet having lots of loving. They couldn't use him to breed as he is related to Yolanda. Cute Cute Cute... 


Jorge... Another LITTLE man. And happens to be Hubby's little buddy. He was on our for sale list and almost was sold a while back. But the look on Hubby's face about killed me. So he got crossed off and someday we may use him in our breeding. I just adore those silky black noses!

 

Felicia... this gal is a riot. She gave us quite a scare as a new born. Not actually her at first. But her Mom Macey... then passed on to her. Macey got really sick and that passed to Felicia. The two of them lived outside my kitchen door so I could keep a really close eye on them. She was born in Fall... and really grew a shaggy coat that winter. Longest of all the babies I think. She still is thicker and has more of her baby bangs as an adult than any of the others.


And then there is MY baby. Sergio.... 


 Now for those that didn't follow me way back, as I said before, we lost Yolanda's Mom... well we lost her 10 days after she gave birth to Sergio. Her and Macey had gotten into some bad hay (won't go into that long story... long story short, my temper found the guy that sold it to us and I was madder and louder than I think I have ever been.)  Sergio was only 10 days old when Cheyenne died... I took over as Mom and went to feeding him every two hours round the clock for a long time... after weeks I spread it out over weeks then weaned him at 5 months old. I was so sad... We had such a bond. Still do. And this guy will also be part of the breeding stock. Really soon I hope, Black Jack will get this Fall... but we are talking about building a new pen for Sergio to be a stud Jack next year maybe... He is such a stunning guy.

Sorry I was a nut job and totally forgot photos this week and I hope that lots of baby photos weren't a drag as old photos show again....  Sometimes a "Mom" just likes to look back at her kids when they were little.

Have a great one!
HUGS and


2 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Aww I LOVE baby photos. I can not remember how long I have been following your blog but do remember some of the incidents. I especially love the photo of FLUFFY baby Felicia. :)

Niki said...

Fun to reminisce about the babies. Felicia is so shaggy, she hardly looks like a donkey.

Sergio is quite the handsome guy.

Thanks for sharing.