Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Spoon Full of Baby's First Christmas

Hello and whew... the past two days have been unreal busy! We spent the day Sunday getting the goats, and then yesterday getting their pen set up and shelter for them. But I think other than getting them somethings to climb on, they are all set up and I think they are happy. But wow.. they really made my week fall behind. LOL But I tell you they are funny and I really could waste a ton of time watching them. But I have so much to do... I have to let them be today. Well most of the day, gotta go in and spend some time so they will bond with me you know. :0)

Today is Tuesday and that is Spoon Full of Sugar day! YEA! And this week we were asked to do a card for Baby's First Christmas. Now this is a tradition in some places of the world. But new for me.

 I started with the Stampavie Gillian Roberts image Bear and Robin  I just love this image, and it seemed really perfect for a baby's Christmas card! I colored with my copics and then used Stickles lace for the snow and Stickles diamond for the fuzz on the hat.


For the card I started with a light blue card stock and then found a double sided Basic Grey paper that I just loved the colors - I didn't want to cover too many of those snow flakes up, so I went with just a small band of the back side of the paper with a really cute Making memories ribbon that reads "Santa * Joyful * Merry" over and over. For the corners of the snowflake paper I punched with Martha Stewart Lace punch. I am loving that punch!


Now it is a simple card, and I wanted to have just a touch more, so I used the Stickles Diamond and "blinged" each of the snowflakes! Really does add a lot to the card.

Now for some REALLY cute baby Christmas cards, please visit A Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the other DT cards!! Then play with us!! This week our sponsor is Nikki of Bunny Zoe's Crafts. One lucky player this week will win the new The Greeting Farm stamp - Flapper Anya.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
HUGE HUGS and -


5 comments:

Annie said...

ooo your card is adorable Michelle! I love this image of the cute bear and robin and it's perfect for Baby's First Christmas!
hugs, annie x

Sheila said...

What an adorable card, Michelle. Love the image and the colors and the little doodling you did around the image. Can't wait to see some goat pics!

Rufus said...

really love that bear and robin stamp! Can't wait to see some more craft room pictures. It's looking REALLY good!! I'm so happy for you to have such a great space. Also looking for some new goat pics! They sound like fun. What do the donkey's think?
R/

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So pretty Michelle, Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the papers, Hugs, Nikki x

Caryn said...

Very cute Michelle, perfect for a baby's first christmas.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx