Saturday, November 2, 2013

Animal Crackers - Evening Photo Shoot

Howdy -

I took out my camera the other night just before a short rain shower. Got some great photographs with the low sunlight -

Alice was keeping a close eye on Hubby working on getting down some winter grass seed before the rain... but that bag looks way to much like goat feed to them....


The guineas were running all over screaming like crazy... wondered if they were yelling "the sky is falling..." It was a pretty good shower just didn't last very long.


Jennifer was following me around the pen - she is a cautious one... not as friendly as some of the others.... sweet but she watches and keeps a safe distance just in case you have medicine or something she don't like. Now oatmeal cookies... that she is a BFF!!



Juliet had just headed this way for a drink of fresh water in the clean barrels... that and to make sure that those were not feed bags... they are all very smart you know....



Wonder if Juliet is going to every fill out that bony rear end? She has put on some weight with all the green grass...

Nally was staying right at my feet along with her brother and sister.... it was time for their evening "cookie" they knew it and I was taking way too long with my camera to soot them!



Pepita got her drink and was not interested in us at all.. she wanted more grass before it rained I guess...


Peter Peter Peter.....


Still need to find new homes for 4 boys from last years babies. I am just such a sap and won't take them to auction like most smart ranchers... but I know that so many end up as BBQ... and I can't let that happen to my babies. Especially when you are so darn handsome like Peter!!!

Snapped one more photo just before I came in of one of the chickens watching Hubby as well... They just could not figure out what he was up to! None of the animals... why is he spreading out that feed like that??? LOL


 Now when he came around the chicken pen with his spreader and some of the oat seeds flew into the coop... that made the chickens very happy! But they were the only ones that got to sample what Hubby was putting out - The rest have to wait for it to grow!!

Hope you have a fun filled weekend planned! We are doing a country barn show today with the antiques... tomorrow is a quiet day around the farm. Sounds wonderful to me.

Have a blessed and wonderful day !
HUGS

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer has a beautiful face, such stunning colours and pretty eyes. Pepita's photo made me smile, it would make a lovely wall photo too! That chicken looks totally disgusted with hubby 'wasting their food', I love it's facial expression! I'm crocheting a Christmas gift today and baking tomorrow, nice homely tasks for the weekend. Good luck with your country barn show, sounds fabulous.

Carol Dee said...

Love checking in on Saturday's. Everyone looks content (or confused!) Have a relaxing weekend.

Janine said...

Some wonderful photos - Jennifer and Peter really shine in front of the camera

Helen said...

what a gorgeous pictures again; would love to come over once and hug all the furry friends. Regards, Helen