Saturday, July 7, 2018

Animal Crackers - Just like Grandpa

Howdy -

Went out to see all the "children" yesterday. It was HOT... and HUMID. But a few of my kids still came to see me. Frankie... my old man is will always come to the fence to see me.  He is such a joy -


He is also sooo much nicer to pet and talk to now that he isn't "wearing" his man smell. OH my, if you have never been around male buck goats... I just can't even describe the horrible smell. Trust me it is really bad. Now he has gotten old and no longer is a working Buck and all though we have always loved him to pieces... loving on him physically was just not something pleasant. But now.. he doesn't smell and I don't mind petting all over that adorable face.

His grandson reminds me so much of him...


 He is just as friendly and sweet, talks to me when I call out his name, and always will run over to the fence for some head scratches. Such a sweet boy. Still can't get his twin brother Willie to let me love on him the same way, but thrilled that Frankie's outgoing friendly personality is showing up in his grandson.

Now Domino was chatting to me at the same time to let me know that he is just as sweet.


 Yes Domino you are just as friendly.. a but more pushy, but just as friendly. The twins can still poke their head through the fence to get more scratching or reach that grass... Domino has gotten a bit large and between the head and horns no longer can poke through.. but he says...


MY NOSE CAN!!! I looked away for a fraction of a second... and then I had to clean off my camera lens... it had goat ooze on it. sigh... Love you Domino!

Went to check on the chickens...

From a distance I was missing more than 1/2 dozen chickens!! Then I got up to their coop... 


Seems they have dug out spots under their hut for a cooler place to spend the afternoon. Hey it was 100 degrees and unbelievably humid I would have dug out a hole under my house too! Their misters had just come on so they would be out to get misted off soon I am sure. They love the misters! And it really cools off the pen.

I can't believe how gorgeous Mr. Leon is - He is the only one left from my heritage chickens a few years back. And he is just as stunning as ever and just as big!

A real ladies man for sure!!

Old Lady Darlene was in her private smaller feeding pen for the morning to get her special feed... but it seems she found some green growing and was having some salad as well as her geriatric special feed.


 A few months ago she was looking so bad. But she is stunning looking now - she has filled back out and isn't so skinny, her coat is shiny and healthy looking and well... her special food makes her feel special and she is one happy old lady! I think she looks great for over 26! And before you question the roll in her neck. Darlene was always a bit of a "big girl" in her younger days, and has had many many babies over the years, and with carrying lots of weight there are issues that always stick around. A Floppy neck is just a part of her now. I think she is gorgeous... we don't talk about her little flabby areas... and she doesn't bring up mine! Love you girl!


 Hope you have a blessed weekend!
HUGS and -


2 comments:

BethW said...

What a beautiful bunch of kids! Made my day seeing all their happy faces. May the universe bless you always for taking care of so many of God's creatures.

Carol Dee said...

OMG Frankie does have cute grandchildren! They sure are growing fast Mr. Léon is one handsome rooster.