Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stampavie WinterBird House Photo Frame

Hello - today I wanted to share with you a project that I made for the Stampavie DT. I love how this came out! Sometimes I see things in my head, and they actually do come out just as I imagined them!

This is one of my favorite gift items to make -   Love how easy and wonderful these frames turn out. You start with a artist Canvas. Turn it upside down. Then cover it with scrapbook paper, cut an "X" in the inside of the wood part of the frame, and fold in to cover outer edges of the frame. Measure the inside depth of the wood, and cut strips of paper the same width and cover the sides. Then measure the inside opening and place inside. The papers I used are Basic Grey Figgy Pudding. For a lacey look, I punched an EK Success border folded the edge and attached. Let it stand up around the edges - give a great dimensional look.

My image is from the Stampavie Winter Release - This is Tina Wenke's Winter Birdhouse. I totally love this image! Gorgeous. I colored with Letraset Promarkers (Ivory, Tan, Caramel, Apricot, Denim Blue, Powder Blue, Cobalt Blue, Warm Grey 3 & 5, Marsh Green and Poppy) I then use a Marvy Snow Marker to create the puffed snow. This marker is awesome! 


Here is a side view so you can see the depth inside the frame. Oh and that gorgeous sentiment! This is also Tina Wenke's - Stampavie release.
 I also added some large dark red flowers and leaf punches. Oh and I guess I should tell you the fabulous photo is my Mom's family. My grandparents... Mom with her brothers and sister. My Mom is that cute little girl sitting on her Mom's lap :0)

Hope you like it!
HUGS and-

5 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow Michelle, that's beautiful.

Carol Dee said...

Fabulous frame. Love the photo in it, too. Hugs...

Jingle said...

This is so very pretty!

TA Carbone said...

Love this. I have been doing this on canvas recently and now I am going to work on a sample for the store. I to want to use rubber stamping designs but havent figured out which or what one. Any ideas as the paper I have to use is Simple Stories Generations

Have you received any mail lately
Big Hugs
:)
TA

Anonymous said...

From toys for males to girls to couples, the wide variety
offered by Adam and Eve gives something for everybody.
With the power to browse the vast number of toys available safely and
privately on their web site, many consumers find it to be the best way to search out
what they should enhance their intercourse lives.

Also visit my web page; sex in the city episodes