Saturday, April 24, 2021

Animal Crackers - The Birds

Howdy - 

This week we had visitors that stayed for a few days. LOTS of visitors... 


Now around here we call them "Cow Birds" but they are also called Cattle Egrets. This week they have been "Donkey Birds" .. LOL and at times "Goat Birds" They sit on the huts in the goat pens in the wind and spread their wings - it is really cool to watch them. Hubby sent me this photo one afternoon... they were spread all over the back pasture. Some with the donkeys but most were just spread out enjoying some snacks I suppose. 


It is peaceful to just stand and enjoy the nice weather, and watch. Well nice weather until I went out yesterday morning to take a few photos.. Couldn't get any one to come out for attention and head scratches. You see there was just the tiniest bit of moisture in the air, a hint of drizzle. Dangerous for goats you know, or they think HA! 

Gracie poked her head for a minute just to make sure there was nothing good to eat being passed out. 


As soon as I snapped the photo she saw that there were no snacks. And back she went into her little hiding spot. 

I called out for Gracie, she is always up for another glamour photo shoot. But this was the best I could get. 


She too only would stick her head out for a minute to check on things. 

Well Big Al is always good for some loving! 


He came to me and we had lots of head scratches and hugs. But then he turned and went back to his hut. All goats were in hiding. Donkeys in their huts and then I got it.. a big rain drop. I headed back in - quick! And in a few minutes a down pour. Didn't last long enough, but more was coming. We need the rain badly, and I don't know why it amazes me that the animals have that sense when it is coming and know to head for cover before it actually arrives. Smart... 

I did take one other quick shot before I got soaked... Hubby's flowers are really stunning huh? 



His roses and geraniums are so gorgeous so many flowers and buds! So pretty to see all the color out the back window. 

And then my little buddy - My baby Autie. He has had a rough week. Which means we have had a rough week. His allergies went nuts last weekend. And then that sets off his trachea issues. 


His goose like coughing. 24/7 unless he is totally relaxed. And we all know when you have sinuses, runny nose and coughing you don't relax much. My poor baby. It just makes me so sad to see him not feeling well. He is doing a little better now. Hopefully he will be back to normal in a few more days. I love my little guy so much. He don't feel well.. I don't feel well. 

I hope you are all feeling well and that my kids gave you a smile this week. 

Have a blessed weekend - 
HUGS and 

1 comment:

Carol Dee said...

Aww Poor Autie , I can really sympathize with him on the Allergy issue. Glad you got the needed rains. We are to get a really cold night here. Upper 20's again. Then a warm up so I can finally start flower planting. Your hubbies plants are always amazing.