Saturday, June 17, 2023

Animal Crackers - But I'm in a Box

Howdy -

This photo is a favorite this week... Just cracks me up. 

Hubby had gotten a delivery and just opened it. We went around the corner to put it up and came back into the kitchen to this - 

 

Now Kitties are not allowed on my kitchen cabinets. That is a big no no - But Bubba seems to think he is ok because he isn't really on the cabinet. "But Mom... I'm in a Box, not on the cabinet" Oh My this guy kills me! LOL he is so funny, and usually always the one in trouble. ha!

Now we were gone most of the morning yesterday - and by the time I got out to try and take photos it was HOT! Like 100 degrees hot! So finding any of my fur kids might be tricky!

Alvin did come over to say hi - Most of his pen is in the afternoon shade, so he is lucky this time of year. But still its hot - but he came out of the shade for some head scratches between those stunning big horns. All though I am not to sure what was stuck on his face so I did the one finger scratching carefully looking where I was giving him attention. 

I found the standard donkeys under one of the tree's out front. Cocoa is always the last donkey to loose her fur and slick off for summer. 

 

I would love to brush her and get most all of it off of her. But she has gotten spooky about things like brushes and shedding combs. I really wish I knew who had mistreated her before we got her years ago... would be nice to treat them the same way! 

Now  Teddy he never really gets thick in the winter. So what he does grown slicks off pretty quick to his silky summer hair. All though each year it is greyer and greyer...

 

I headed back to the backyard to check on Libbie and Chica in the back yard. And Libbie had decided to not go into the yard and just stay up on the back porch and wait for me. But this face gave me a clue to what she had found while I was out at the pens.

I asked her if she found some stray cat food Dad had spilled while feeding his barn kitties... This is the face I got. Is that a yes or a no? I am leaning towards uh .. YES. Old and blind but she still can hunt down stray treats!

This was a bit of sad this week - We said goodbye to the "Jeep" - I think I briefly said that we had been in an accident a few weeks back - Well it was a doozy! We were T-boned by a guy in a big truck trying to beat traffic. All though sore and many many colors of blue, purple and green we are ok. But Hubby's Jeep - well it gave itself to protect us and now has been totaled. Please don't judge the dirt - we were heading to the car wash after lunch ... but didn't make it -

 
Being that it was my side that was hit I really had the brunt of the bruises. Honestly God really put his hand over us and protected us - I had to be cut out and EMS wanted me to go to the hospital to make sure nothing was broke as they couldn't believe I was ok. But again other than bruises and sore I am ok. 
 
 
 
We didn't know it was as bad as it was for our little Jeep - but this week we went and cleaned it out and made sure it was ready to sign off and give to the salvage yard - frame bent, front wheel bent, tub bent.... lots bent. So bye bye little Jeep - 
 
And after looking for weeks - Hubby has another Jeep - a few years newer. And much cleaner here -
Now he will start over and do the things he had already done to Red. Fenders - and such But that will be in time - Right now he is just loving new Jeep - Even if at this time I am carrying a step stool to get in and out of it.. LOL It is much taller than the old Jeep.
 
I hope you all enjoyed again this week - And that you have a blessed weekend - 
HUGS and - 
 
 




2 comments:

TA Carbone said...

Hi Michelle
How old is libby now? I remember when you just got her

Ginger Shaw said...

Thank goodness you and hubby are ok.
Car accidents certainly shake you up. I had one a few months ago. I was all right but my beautiful little red car Hoppy was a write off.
I loved that car.
I have another car now but I don’t like it. I want my red one back.
Libby is so beautiful. So precious.
Wish we had a bit of your hot weather here. It’s freezing.
Take care. Love to all your precious babies