Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sunday Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Challenge YEA!

I LOVE the Magnolia Vs. Stampavie challenge site! I am sooo happy with the new changes and I hope everyone feels the same way. A perfect combination of images! This week Donna has a great sketch. Really love the longer shape. I had to step out of the box.. LOL no pun intend with my square cards!

Oh and BTW - the prize this week - you ain't gonna believe it! A set of Copic Markers! Yes you read that right - a set of 12 Copic Makers!!! Go and check it out really!








For my card today I was dying to use my new Sizzix die. It is one of the longer die plates. I cut it twice once with the brown card stock and the second time with the light green. Then I cut out all of the leaves and attached them to the branches. Took some time, but LOVE how it looks!








I had picked one of Rachelle Anne Millers animal images, the owls were perfect for the branches! I colored them with my copics including the background color. Matted them with the same brown as the branch card stock, then I used a piece of scrap white and cut the scallops with my new Martha Stewart punch...darn can't remember the name at the moment! I inked the edges with brown to give them a shadow look.



The base for the card is a light blue card from American Crafts, thought it matched the owl background pretty well. I layed the branches out to follow the image, and the sketch. Then added one more branch to the top of the image. I highlighted with white gel pen and my Copics. The sentiment "Friend" is also cut with a Sizzix die. I don't have many sizzix dies, but fell in love with some of the new stuff when I saw them at the Expo last month, and the price was good then too - wink wink. So I have a few new ones to use. I stitched the edge of the card with my white gel pen and then wanted to add more doodles on the card. So in the same pattern as the image I hand drew in the... I'll call them sparkles? What ever they are I drew them in and like them. Hubby wanted me to put bling on them... he loves the glitter on the cards. But I didn't think this card needed it. I liked it just as it is. I hope you like it too.





You must really go and look at the other DT cards and give the sketch a try this week. There is so much you can do with it! I think I may do another card with it but a fancy ribbon across it.









I have to really run today! LATE night last night at my crop, gotta go have breakfast with the gang and then head straight back over to The Scrapbook Haus for a class! I am teaching the tea bag folding card that I showed a while back.... Have a great Sunday!


Oh and one more thing - My nephew is starting to get a few cards already! I can't tell you how much he loves them! It means so much to me that so many of you would take time and send him a card during this time, he really is getting excited to see what is in the mail each day. (In case you don't know what I am talking about you can see my post HERE, the bottom of the post is the information about him and his surgery) I just wish I could let you hear him giggle when he gets an envelope!
Thanks again soooo much!

HUGS and-

17 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh hon your card is just gorgeous dear. I so love your new sizzix dies. Might have to go shopping soon. SO glad he is loving his cards dear. I know they have to make him feel better to get mail everyday. Hugs

Amber said...

I love that card with the owls it is tooo cute and love the colors ! Did you use the copic markers on them ? ive seen work done with them n the colors are always soo bright are they that differnt then the SU markers or is it a differnt kind of ink ?

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle and your colouring is fabulous, I love the puched edge and the branches look fab, Hope your having a great Sunday, Hugs, Nikki x

Rach said...

a fabulous card Michelle, love the image and how you have extended the branch outside of the mat, looks really effective. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Love how you have extended the branch Michelle a fantastic card.

Janna said...

Michelle,

I saw your card out on M vs. S this morning and was super impressed. I just love those little owls! Great job! I can't wait to play this week too!

Heidi said...

This card is so beautiful and also so funny. I just love the cute owls - they really made me smile

Hugs from
Heidi

Fink said...

The owls are to cute! Copic markers, huh? Guess I will just have to stop by!

ribenaruby said...

Love the effect of the white pen on this creation.Gorgeous card for a dear friend. Love it!

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Fabulous card! love the colours and the different shape. I will definetely be giving this one a try this week. Cute owls and I love how you have brought the branches out of the box! Great card,
Judy x

Annie said...

love this one Michelle! those owls are so cute sat on the branch and love your little doodles! hugs, annie x

Deb Wood said...

Ohhhh this is really adorable!!

thread-bare said...

A really great card xx Love those owls xx They are just screaming out for googly eyes lol xx Love your sparkles as well, what a great idea xx

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

What a WUNDERFUL card!!! This one is really great, I just fell in love with it. Great how you did with the branches (I want that one too!!). Love,
jacqueline

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

What a WUNDERFUL card!!! This one is really great, I just fell in love with it. Great how you did with the branches (I want that one too!!). Love,
jacqueline

Karin said...

Hi Michelle,

what a adorable card.
I love the cute image.
You've done a great job with the branches (got to have them too. Will add it on my very big wishlist).

Hugs,
xoxo karin

diane zechman said...

Love the card & the sizzix branch die is so cute!