Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Me and My Space #2 - Wood Mounted Stamps

Me and My Space #2 today and this week I am showing my Wood Mounted Stamps. Not that they are really "organized" but I love how they are displayed in my space. They are grouped in brands and types of stamps. That is somewhat organized I guess. And this is one of my favorite parts of "my space" - Oh and by showing this you see my need for my Sunday's Dust It Off post :0)
Now I have one of the bestest, sweetest Hubbies in the world. He built me this fabulous craft room addition on our house - but he also had helped me with some of the details too. I took Hubbie to a stamp store and showed him the walls and walls of stamps and shelving, he came home and made me this wonderful shelf that is mounted on one of the walls in my craft room. It is a part of a nice sheet of plywood, he measured my stamps to get an idea of how far apart to place the shelves. These are strips of wood that are just over two stamps deep. Yes... there are two deep on each shelf. He then screwed from the back of the plywood and from the side strips with screws oh - and he also glued each shelf to make sure they would not warp in any way, as this would not be a good thing with stamps. He then sanded all the edges, every corner until smooth.

It is mounted on one of the few open walls of my craft room - into wood studs - yes no chancing this thing coming off the wall.

These photographs are actually from when I moved into my craft room fall. I tried to get a new photo today, but Libbie's puppy pen is in the middle of my craft room, and I just couldn't get a clear shot - in reality, it hasn't changed much (just a bit fuller in other areas)- and in the past year I have probably only added a few wood stamps to this "collection". Wood stamps are not something I buy many of now a days... clear stamps... well that is a different story - that collection grows larger and larger :0)

And how is that a teaser for next week? Next week I will show my clear stamp collection storage. I love how I have them stored, and just need to set up some photos of the system. Hope you enjoyed "Me and My Space" this week - and please if you want to see something in my craft room just shout out.

14 comments:

Annie said...

oh my Michelle! what a fabulous collection of wooden stamps you have and a wonderful hubby to make you the shelving system! I'd ask my dear one, but I'm not sure I want him to know how many stamps I've got!
hugs, annie x

Ann Marie Governale said...

Love it. In my next life, I want to marry a man who can do these things for me, too! I just love having wood stamps out in the open to be inspired by. Very nice!!

petra,s cards said...

ohhho my god this is soo great i love your room!!!! its all yummie!
xx petra

Kirsten Alicia said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I am bright green with envy, not just because of the wonderful array of stamps, but the shelving is fantastic. I wonder could your hubby be persuaded to travel to the UK...............?? ;)))

Carol Dee said...

Wonderful shelving hubby made you. My husband is supposed to be making my a shelving unit. I will have to show him this. TFS. Can't wait to see what you do with the clear stamps. (Not liking how I have mine stored.) hugs...

Pami said...

OMG! Fabulous. Not jealous at all (much!) !! Pami x

Debbi said...

What a wonderful space...and a lot of stamps!! How wonderful for you!
*smiles*
debbi

Niki said...

Great storage solutions, gotta love your hubby! I can hardly wait for next week, how to store clear stamps. Mine are scattered all over, no real method, and they hardly get used, because I can't find the one or set I want!

Niki

Tracy said...

Oh Michelle what a wonderful job your husband has done with the shelves. So many gorgeous stamps, what a fabulous collection. Can't wait for next week.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

BethW said...

I love this-really! I can now show it to my family and point out I'm not even close to having a lot of stuff!

Ineke Original said...

Wow! What a treasure! I most love the House Mouse!

Pinklady 68 said...

A wonderful space you have for all your lovely stamps:-)

Ms. Cheryl said...

You and your hubby have made a beautiful space. I am sooo coveting that stamp storage cabinet, LOL.

Anonymous said...

fioricet consultationpancreatitis fioricet

This varies a phone of extraterrestrial capital which most specimens will roughly begin ideal, and gives only to the area of state times.