Saturday, April 8, 2023

Animal Crackers - Cold and Rainy

Howdy - 

Well so much for Sunny Warm Spring here in Texas - the last few days it has been cloudy, cold and rainy. I kept putting of getting my photos, thinking at some point I should have a break in the weather and go get some decent photos... well I had to give in and bundle up, put my rain boots on and try and find anyone willing to stand out in the rain with me to have their photo taken. 

 

Jorge will usually always come over to say hi. He is a tough guy and looks like he has been out in the rain most of the day. A few don't mind it and they were all out grazing out in the pastures. But Jorge... he will make his way to me for some ear scratches. All though they were very wet ear scratches! 

Penelope also made her way out of the hut to see me. Now I felt so special, loved by this sweet little girl. To come out of her warm hut and make her way in the cold drizzle to me. 

 

Then I looked up and many of the goats were starting to stick their heads of the huts... checking to see if I was Dad with their dinner! He is coming guys ... just a little longer and he will feed you. I would have waited for my photos until he fed, but it was already getting dark and the photos during feeding is just a bunch of heads down in their food. So dark heads down wasn't an option. But Penelope she is a good sport for her photo today! Came for loving and a photo.

And in the doorway of one of the huts I found Miss Olive Oyl cozy and enjoying the view of the rain I guess. No chance she was giving up her spot until there was proof of dinner on the ground!

This next photo is absolutely horrible. But cool too. Yesterday afternoon we were getting home and Hubby was getting ready to get out and get our gate. When we both saw "them". There was two huge hawks up on the poles of the guys front pasture. Now I know... there is only one in this photo... They are so fast at flying off I was amazed I snapped and got this one in a photo. Gorgeous Birds.

This photo is from a couple of weeks ago. I forgot to share it. So I just had to!  We were packing up the trailer for our Antique Show I sat down this old pull toy horse for Hubby to take out. And in seconds we had a rider!

 

McLaren riding without a saddle and didn't want to get down! I took the time to snap a photo, then made sure she jumped off the hundred year old horse. Then I decided to put it out on the back porch to wait its loading to make sure he was safe from all the kitties wanting a turn to ride the rolling horse! 


Since my photos were not the best this week and not a lot of happy color going on, how about a couple of Hubby's roses?

They are solid roses and buds. Stunning Colors and so beautiful. 


 He has such a green thumb - and grows gorgeous flowers.... as long as I don't touch or help in any way! LOL

I hope you enjoyed - and I hope you have wonderful weather and enjoy a weekend of family and friends for the Easter Weekend. 

HUGS and

2 comments:

Max Roy said...

Excellent post. I found this blog very informative and the infographic looks quite funny. Keep sharing more article with us. Now it's time to avail Window Installation Services In Citrus County FL for more information.

Carol Dee said...

Yikes the weekend flew by! Now it is already Wednesday. Sorry you had a soggy weekend, ours was glorious, finally! Yes, your hubby grows the most beautiful flowers. Lucky you.