Saturday, January 6, 2024

Animal Crackers - January Sunshine!

Howdy -

Wow Yesterday I went out to take photos of the fur children - it was GORGEOUS! Just a little chilly but gorgeous! I headed out to see the ladies first off - They were begging for fresh hay bales - but they have round bales and LOTS of green to chow down on. They are just spoiled and think they can whine enough to get me to cave in and give them "the good stuff out of the barn" - Ha! Nope. I was just there for loving and my photos girls!  You have LOTS of great to eat on your own!

One of the older ladies Macie was front and center. Now remember we don't mention the bit of roundness to her belly.... she is "big boned, short legged and retaining water" wink wink

  

I adore Miss Macie - she has eyes that just melt me. Huge big brown eyes. And as long as she isn't getting shoved around she is just the sweetest, calmest and loves the attention. All was going well and I was giving her big time ear scratches... and well see that girl in the background? Miss Irene? Yep she wanted a turn too... 

 

And so Macie stepped (got pushed) aside and big girl Irene shoved on forward. LOL Everyone gets their turn. How long depends on just how pushy some of the really obnoxious ones get.  I did more rounds of attention on all the girls then moved on...

Next door to the ladies I found Little Penelope laying in the sun... I say "Little" loosely here. When did my tiny little baby goat get so ... so... well BIG! LOL Love how she has her eyes closed and really enjoying the sun.

 

You would think she was super pregnant there. But nope, just the way she is laying and well - they all eat too well! And healthy goats are usually a bit pudgy right?

This next photo is a bit blurry, zooming too far - but it was just too funny when coming in the gate - Hubby and I laughed and yelled out to Flavio to ask HIM how pregnant he was. LOL 

All this green grass in December has them eating well. And we are not complaining at all about that! 

Usually it is dead and brown by this time of year. And we are having to feed them all everything they eat. But this year - round bales in the pens are lasting much much longer than normal. Grazing the green is much preferred! Healthier and I guess Yummier, but I take their word on that one.

Seriously look at how gorgeous the boys pen looks! This was taken just before New Years Eve! Looks like a golf course doesn't it. Ok... well green like a golf course. Just shocking how blessed we have been and the animals are loving it! 

I have Hubby pause every time we come thru the gate - we both just love to see our fur children out grazing and happy! 

Snapped a photo of McLaren yesterday that did not make me happy - Poor girl got into it with one of her siblings. Not sure who... but my bets are on her brother Mercedes "Bubba" or her sister Ferarri. That is the two she has issues with most and plays the hardest with. But sweet little crazy girl has a pretty good scratch on the end of her nose!


I am sure next time she will make up for it and give instead of receiving the boo boo. They all get along so well 99.9% of the time. But then once in a while the rough house playing goes just a bit too far.

Well I hope you have a smile from this weeks Animal Crackers - Looking forward to a happy and healthy 2024! Have a blessed weekend!

Big Furry Hugs from all the family here!

2 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Happy New Year

Ginger Shaw said...

Hi Miss Macie.
I have the same trouble as you with my fat belly.
Never had one before but as I’m now 82 I guess it comes with the territory.
Thank you for all the beautiful photos over the years.
Have been following you for a long time and never get tired of seeing your babies.
Hilda.
If I could work out how to put my photo on I would do it.