Saturday, October 7, 2017

Animal Crackers - Stop and enjoy it all!

Howdy -

What a busy month September was, and looks like October is going to be just as busy around here... but sometimes you just have to take a moment to enjoy things...

Enjoying My Miss Libbie -


I love this little lady so much. Oh she drives me nuts sometimes with her high pitch make you want to slam your head in the wall bark. But no matter what I wouldn't trade her for the world. I love her to pieces. I worry about her, she is getting "older" but most of that is just her eyes and not getting around like she use to. Here she is a mess!! Bath time this weekend - she is not going to be happy.... until it is over and she is all dry. Then she prances like she is the Queen she knows she is.

Enjoying the laundry? Now I have to really work to make sure the laundry is folded and put away quick or Gato claims it for her very own warm toasty bed.


But here.. I am not understanding how laying on "Dad's" dirty laundry I was gathering was the best place to curl up. Is it just me or do men just not get the entire hamper thing on purpose? Clothes everywhere... oh well that is a different subject. Here Gato was laying on his clothes, practically upside down hanging to one side. Couldn't have her move to put that load on... so I just moved on to the towels and it gave me more time to find more dirty clothes around...

The Guineas... you have to take time to stop enjoy and watch them. You just must. They are a scream to watch. Always so busy, always chattering, always in movement. And I love to watch Old Lady Guinea with her new "followers".


Oh she will sneak off from time to time for her personal goat time, but they find her. She was looking at me like "Can you make them stay somewhere else?"

She turned to the left and took a few steps... and there they all go with her!


All chattering and talking and her sighing and just accepting it. Ha! It is tough to be the one they all look up too.

Taking time to enjoy a little silence in the afternoon. Silence???


Now I will admit around this place... silence is not something you get to enjoy often. Olive Oyl was trying to get in a little afternoon nap and was looking a little upset that those "birds" were talking so much. And if it isn't the Guineas it is the Chickens, and if it isn't the Chickens it is the other Goats, and if it isn't the Goats it is the Donkeys then we get back around to the high pitch makes you want to slam your head in the wall bark from little Libbie... yea we have lots of "talking" around here. Sorry Olive hope you get a little nap in sweetheart...

Taking time to enjoy the afternoon with his girls.


That was the nice way to say Leon loves being the man in his coop. Doesn't he look proud of his group of girls? He is such a handsome rooster and likes to puff up and show off just how good looking he actually is. Well he is a looker isn't he?

And of course we have to always take time to enjoy the flowers...


Now I know this is what many call a weed. But when leaving down our dirt road the other morning these were blooming on all the old fence post and barbed wire on our neighbors fence. But this weed is so pretty... and is actually called Purple Bindweed or Ipomea Cordatotriloba. Smart huh? I can use Google.. LOL - It is a member of the morning glory family. And although it is a "weed" sometimes you just have to accept that a weed is still a beauty from God and enjoy the blossoms - And in the early morning sun that is what we did slow down and enjoy...

Have a blessed day - Slow down and enjoy the day -

Hugs and

2 comments:

Carol Dee said...

O my Leon is a handsome dude. Just have to laugh at all the ruckus at your place. But is it the kind of noise I would really enjoy (well maybe with out the high pitch bark - sorry Libbie.) Yes Gato warm laundry is better. Smelly clothes not so much! HA....

Ginger Shaw said...

I always enjoy my Sunday get together with your lovely family. Love all their antics.
Thank you so much for allowing us into your world.