Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Texas Bluebonnets!!

Howdy -

FIRST - I have to shout out a Happy Birthday to my Sister Melanie - She has aged again and is catching up to me... as I don't age anymore... LOL  Hope you have a great day Sis!!

Here in Texas our State Flower is the Bluebonnet - and every year at this time they can be found along the highways - fields - pastures and parks. But this year... WOW! It has been many many many years since we have seen the number of wild flowers that are blooming now.

Hubby and I have been taking the country roads and enjoying all the glorious colors -

Yesterday we were coming through the small town of LaGrange and near down town is their cemetery. I love old cemeteries! The history, the beauty, the art of the headstones... but this one at this time... Seriously Total Beauty!



Breath taking isn't it? If only we had the time to sit and enjoy it! I just had to share with you - hope you found it a nice nature break in your day -

HUGS and -

3 comments:

Redlady said...

What a beautiful picture Michelle. It reminds me of bluebells in England which is something I miss with living here in Australia.

BethW said...

Truly gorgeous-don't think I've ever seen a picture of them actually growing somewhere. Thank you for sharing!

Carol Dee said...

Beautiful